New Homes Program
Rebates for New Home Builders
New Mexico Gas Company offers rebates to home builders to build above code, energy-efficient homes. Rebates are available when a home builder installs high efficiency furnaces and/or water heaters or has a RESNET-accredited HERS rating of their home(s). Qualifying products and homes must be installed or completed between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023 by a registered new home builder.
Learn more below or view/download our Program Overview Flyer here.
High Performance Home Benefits
High Performance and ENERGY STAR® Homes are 15% to 20% more energy efficient than code built homes. Home builders achieve higher efficiency by incorporating a variety of specialized features, including:
- Tight Construction and Ducts
- Effective Insulation Systems
- Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment
- High-Performance Windows
- ENERGY STAR® Appliances & Products
- Independent Testing of Energy Performance
If you’re looking for a high performance, energy efficient new home, call one of our participating homebuilders today!
Rebates are available through two paths; installing high efficiency furnaces and/or water heaters or, a whole home approach using RESNET-accredited HERS rating.
Prescriptive Products Path
|ENERGY STAR Furnace/Boiler AFUE 92%–94%||$200|
|ENERGY STAR Furnace/Boiler AFUE 95%–96%||$250|
|ENERGY STAR Furnace/Boiler AFUE 97% +||$300|
|ENERGY STAR Tankless Water Heater UEF ≥ 0.87||$225|
|ENERGY STAR Tank Water Heater ≤ 55 Gallons UEF ≥ 0.64||$100|
|ENERGY STAR Tank Water Heater >55 Gallons UEF ≥ 0.78||$100|
|ENERGY STAR Certified Smart Thermostat $50 per unit||$50 per unit|
HERS Rated Performance Whole-House Path
|Base Therm Incentive (10% above code minimum)||$1.50|
|15% – Performance Bonus||$100|
|20% – Performance Bonus||$200|
|30% – Performance Bonus||$300|
|Maximum Incentive for Performance-Based Incentives (base kWh + performance bonus)||$1,500|
|ENERGY STAR Version 3.1 Certification||$100|
|ENERGY STAR Certified Smart Thermostat||$50 per unit|
How To Participate
- New Home Builders complete and submit the program registration form.
- Builders Interested in constructing ENERGY STAR® certified homes, should also fill out an Online Partnership Agreement with the national ENERGY STAR® for New Homes Program at ENERGY STAR®.
- Complete and acknowledge the builder agreement, which will be sent after registering.
- Build homes according to the Path you have selected.
- Performance Whole-House Path Builders will need to select a Program Participating RESNET-accredited HERS rater. HERS rater will conduct on-site inspections and home performance testing. Contact us for a list of participating HERS raters.
- Obtain and submit final documentation for each home to New Mexico Gas Company via the online rebate portals. Access will be granted after registration and acknowledgment.
If you have questions or would like to obtain more information, contact Brian Bjurstrom, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incentives will be paid on a first-come, first-served basis, and are subject to project and customer eligibility and availability of funds.